Monday, March 29, 2010

West Coast Visitors

Besides Omi K and Granny & Papa Gene, Kenzie and Lexi have been lucky enough to have 2 other out of town visitors in their first month ... all the way from the west coast.


Aunt Inken flew in from San Francisco when the girls were only 2 days old. It meant so much to me that my sister came to visit her nieces in those very early days ... despite the fact that she had culinary school final exams on Friday and Monday, meaning that she could be here less than 48 hours. Aunt Inken was so excited about the arrival of her nieces throughout my entire pregnancy and the love that she has for these little girls is overflowing. It was so special for me to see my little sister holding and loving my daughters. Although I can honestly say that before I knew their gender, that I would have been truly happy with whatever gender my babies turned out to be. When I found out that I was having 2 girls there was that extra bit of excitement knowing that they would grow up having a sister and would get to experience that same bond that Inken and I have. As Aunt Inken wrote in a card to her nieces, "Having a sister is an amazing thing and you two are even luckier to be twins and grow up and experience life together." I am so happy that my daughters will always have each other ... their sister.

Thanks Inky Pink for coming to meet the girls so early on. We can't wait for you to come back in May!


Our second West Coast visitor was "Aunt" Tara who was here from Seattle this past weekend. We really miss having Tara, Kevin , Brooke and Gavin just down the street and it was so great to get to see Tara. Tara has given me so much great advice throughout my pregnancy and these first few weeks via the phone and it was so wonderful to see her in person. We hope that the girls get to meet the rest of the Stealey family very soon! Tara - thanks for the visit! Thanks for bringing us lunch and for the adorable oufits for Kenzie & Lexi!

No comments:

Post a Comment