Saturday, October 20, 2012

{sick of the sickies}

I returned from Spain with a terrible cold.  I completely lost my voice the last night that I was there and the 10 hour flight home was pretty miserable because my sinuses felt like they were going to explode from the pressure.  I went to the doctor on Friday afternoon and she confirmed what I suspected - I had another sinus infection.  Ughh!  I didn't want my not feeling well to get in the way of a fun family weekend, so On Friday evening we went out to dinner and then to the Xavier mens soccer game.  The girls had fun cheering on the team (one of Randall's coworkers has a son on the team), and especially loved running up and down the hill ... so much so, that Kenzie threw up :(  At the time we thought it was just from all of the crazy running.


I got up early on Saturday for what was supposed to be my longest run of the marathon training program ... but I felt pretty miserable.  I decided to give it a go, but had promised my doctor that I would listen to my body and not push it too far.  About 9 miles in, my body told me to STOP, and so I listened.  While this did not do wonders for my confidence, I felt that it would have been worse to push myself too far. 

The girls were a little off all day on Saturday.  We went grocery shopping, played in the leaves, and prepared for company that evening and while we had fun, they were just not quite themselves.  Right before our dinner guests showed up, Kenzie threw up again.  Lovely.  The girls had a restless nights sleep and woke up a bit cranky on Sunday morning.  Randall had gone for a bike ride, so I decided to distract the girls by baking pumpkin chocolate chip muffins.  Kenzie is really into cooking these days.  She has become an expert egg cracker and stayed interested through the entire process.  Lexi helped for a bit but was then more interested in reading her new library books.

After baking our muffins the girls painted birthday cards for Sara, played in the back yard and then decided they wanted to jump in their bouncy house. 


Daddy got home from his bike ride just in time to join in on the fun!

At this point the girls seemed perfectly healthy, but they were exhausted and asked to go take a nap.  They slept for over 2 hours and then Lexi woke up screaming.  I went into their room and they were both burning hot and Lexi was yelling that her ears were hurting.  So we piled into the car and headed to the Little Clinic at Kroger to get their ears checked.  30 minutes later it was conformed that they both had ear infections :(

After a dose of Motrin and antibiotic, they seemed to regain their energy and insisted that we still go out to dinner as we had previously planned.  We went to Ruthai's and ate at the low tables for the first time.  This was a big hit with the girls!

After dinner we came home and baked and decorated cupcakes for Sara's birthday.  The girls used an entire container of sprinkles!  


So it was a fairly low key weekend due to the sickies.  They seem to have been invading our house too frequently as of late.  Now that 3 of 4 of us are on antibiotics let's hope the sickies leave our home once and for all ... cause we're sick of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment