Wednesday, October 3, 2012

{first signs of fall}

It was a beautiful week and weekend.  The weather was perfect for family walks/runs in the evenings.  I took the girls on a little mother-daugher shopping/dinner outing one evening after work.  We had such a great time.  During dinner the girls chatted continuously, telling me about school, talking to each other.  At one point Lexi looked over at Kenzie and said, "Sisie, you're a mess.  Let me wipe your face."  They are too much!  Randall and I celebrated our 8 year anniversary with dinner out at A Tavola.  We came home to homemade cookies and cards from the girls :)


On Friday evening we went for a walk and I realized that fall really has arrived.  The leaves are turning and falling, which the girls find very exciting this year.  They have been very into collecting pretty leaves this week.  We went to dinner at Green Dog Cafe and made it an early night as I had my 18 mile training run on Saturday morning.  It was perfect running weather and I enjoyed seeing many beautiful sights around my neighborhood/city.  I love this about running - it gives me a chance to take things in and find beauty in things/places I often take for granted.  Randall and the girls met me for the last 5 miles of the run - and I loved the company!

After our run, we headed out to Berries & Blooms in Loveland for Fall on the Farm.  The girls had such a great time visiting the farm animals, walking through the sunflower fields, exploring the corn maze, sliding down the "super fast slide" - which they must have gone down 100 times, playing in the tunnel, going for a hayride, and picking out pumpkins, that we ended up staying well past naptime.  We missed our window of "naportunity" and had 2 cranky girls for a period of time, but overall it was a perfect fall day.

On Sunday morning the girls and I walked to the last Hyde Park Farmers Market of the season in the square (while Randall went for a 50+ mile bike ride).  The market was even more bustling than usual and we met up with many friends.  Oh how I am going to miss our weekly market ritual.  It has been fun this year!

We took advantage of the gorgeous weather and ate dinner outside on Sunday evening.  Kenzie especially loved her Vietnamese noodles :)  It was a great finish to a perfect fall weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment