Saturday, October 6, 2012

{picture day}



Last Wednesday was picture day at preschool.  I was pleasantly surprised to find these pictures on my camera when I went to upload photos the other day.  Sara had taken them before dropping the girls off at school.  I love that! 


I thought I would also share a quick update on how preschool is going now that the girls have 4 weeks under their belts.  They seem to be enjoying it.  However, Kenzie still cries most mornings when Sara drops them off.  Her teachers say that it only lasts for a minute and then she has a great time.  There have 2 or 3 mornings without any tears so hopefully this will be the norm soon. 

I love when the girls tell us about school.  Their favorite things to do seem to be painting and playing on the playground, as that is what we hear about the most.  They also talk about friends in their class.  I think they must have a little crush on Graham, because he is the one they talk about most by far.  They both seem to really like Mrs. Berry ("baaa-deee") and Mrs. Putman ("PopPop" "pumpkin").

They definitely seem to be absorbing a lot at school.  They talk constantly now.  Lexi does not stop asking "why?" about everything.  They ask us to sing songs that they must sing at school.  They are counting.  They are also rough-housing more lately - I wonder if this is something that they have learned from the little boys in their class.  Oh how I wish I could observe them at preschool.  I am so curious about their demeanors and interactions with their classmates and teachers.  They have a field trip coming up in a few weeks and I am excited to accompany them so that I can get a glimpse into their preschool lives.

I love these pictures of my sweet little girls and am so happy to have them as you never know how the actual school pictures will turn out.  Sara said they were still trying to get the class picture when she & the other moms/nannies went to pick the kids up and that it was quite a challenge ... I can only imagine with ten 2 1/2 year olds :)

1 comment:

  1. I live for your blog!! So Saturday you ran 20 miles, came home to take care of the girls by yourself, AND had the energy to write in the blog?? THANK YOU. Kenzie & Lexi are just darling and I can't wait to see them at Thanksgiving. Glad they are adjusting to preschool. I love you all to the sky and back. xoxomomxoxomikox

    ReplyDelete