Monday, October 22, 2012

{be well}

Thankfully we all started feeling better quickly after starting antibotics. 

The girls had fun celebrating Sara's birthday with her on Monday.  By Tuesday they were back to their typical energetic silly selves ... thank goodness Tobi is the most patient brother (dog) in the world :)  On Wednesday I took the morning off so that I could fit in my 20 mile run that I wasn't able to complete on Saturday.  It was a gorgeous morning and while I still wasn't feeling 100%, I did it!  This helped me regain a bit of my confidence.  While I was running I saw the billboard below that states "Be Well."  This is my mantra between now and the marathon.  I just want us all to be well.


On Wednesday evening we went for a family walk.  How amazing to be able to go for a walk in mid October after the sun has set and not have to wear a jacket.  On Thursday evening, Randall had a work dinner so the girls and I walked down to the "choo choo restaurant" (aka Zip's) for dinner.  They were being especially silly and I dscovered that they have learned 2 new things in preschool.  1) That poop is the most hilarious topic ever and 2) how to joke.  Throughout dinner they kept saying, "Mommy, you eat a poop poop cheeseburger!"  Followed by, "I'm just joking!" and fits of laughter.  On Friday night we met the Sieving's and Krause's for dinner and frozen yogurt.  The girls had a blast playing with their friends and I even had the chance to have a bit of adult conversation.

On Saturday I got up early for a "short" 12 mile run.  Randall and the girls met me for the last 3 miles despite the cold/damp weather.  As I was getting ready after the run, Lexi and I were having a conversation about going to New York in 2 weeks and suddenly a lightbulb went on in Lexi's head.  "Mommy, I need to get my princess suitcase to go to New York!"  She has been saving her piggy bank money for months ever since she saw a little girl with a princess suitcase at Nordstrom.  So we headed to the mall and she got to pick out her princess suitcase from the Disney Store.  She is very proud and ready to go to New York NOW!


The weather cleared up while the girls were napping, so Randall went out for a bike ride and the girls and I headed to Ault Park.  It was a gorgeous evening and they had a blast playing on the playground and in the leaves.  For over 30 minutes they pretended that they were working at a restaurant and cooked all sorts of different meals with the leaves.  Once Randall was back from his ride we went out for a late dinner.  We decided to try out Maribelle's in its new location.  It was great, but a bit more sophisticated than the old Maribelle's.  There were no other kids in the place, but thankfully the girls were on their best behavior :)  Kenzie (who also got a princess suitcase) insisted on bringing hers to dinner ... her bag obsession apparently translates to suitcases as well :)


I am so happy that we are all feeling well again and that we were able to have such a fun week.  Let's hope that this trend continues.  Be well. Be well. Be well.



No comments:

Post a Comment