Tuesday, May 8, 2012

{opa}

IMG_8140

Kenzie & Lexi had such a great visit with their Opa.  "Opa sit here!"  "Opa blow bubbles!"  "Opa go for a walk!"  It is hard to believe that they were terrified when he first arrived, as by the end of the week they were best buddies.  It was really sweet to watch and I am so happy that Kenzie & Lexi got to know my dad better over the course of a short week.
Photobucket

I overheard my Dad talking on the phone the night before he left.  "It has been a fantastic week.  You would not believe how much the girls have opened up to me.  It has been so fun to actually get to play with my granddaughters.  I am so happy.  This week has given me enough joy to last for a couple of years."  Let's hope it's not a couple of years before we get to see Opa again, but I think it is fair to say that Opa enjoyed his week as much as the girls.

Since Opa left for California the girls have been asking "Where Opa go?" and have been having pretend conversations with "Opa" on their phone.  Too sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment