Saturday, February 11, 2012

{happy 2nd birthday to my little blog}

Wow, I can't believe that it has been 2 years since I started this little blog of mine ... mainly because that means that my girls are almost 2.  How can that be possible?  These 2 years have flown by and I am so happy that I have documented the highs (and lows) and the "everyday" via this blog. 

I started this blog because so many of our family and friends are spread out all over the country and world and I thought this would be a good way to keep everyone up to date on the girls.  It has served that purpose, but it has also been so much more for me.  I love being able to go back and remember moments that I may have otherwise forgotten.  I myself have referenced it frequently when Inken or other new moms have asked me for advice so that I could recall exactly what the girls were up to at that particular age.  I am hoping that one day the girls will enjoy reading stories of their early lives.  It has also been therapeutic for me at times.  I have always wanted to keep a journal, but have not been very good at doing so consistently, so the fact that I have been doing this for 2 full years is quite an accomplishment :)

Randall and I often joke that the only people that read my blog are the girls 2 grandmothers.  If that is the case, that is fine with me.  I am not writing this blog for others, I am writing it for our girls and our little "Party of Five."  But I am always surprised when I hear that there are actually quite a number of people that follow my blog.  I love it when someone tells that when they are having a bad day they take a break and check my blog to see if there is a new post that may brighten their day.  I love it when I hear that people feel that they are able to stay close to our girls via the blog. 

So Happy 2nd Birthday blog of mine!  To celebrate I am sharing some pictures that I took of the Kenzie & Lexi for their 2nd birthday party invitation ... cowgirl style!  Enjoy!  And if you are someone that reads this blog, that I may not even know is doing so leave a comment.  If I get no comments that is fine (I'm used to it :)), but maybe I'll get a little surprise :)  Thanks for reading!

xoxo
antje



3 comments:

  1. Aunt Inken reads your blog, too! Now if only she could get around to writing her own...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a devoted Party of Five blog follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your girls are adorable! I work with Randall in GSD (or at least used to- am now on mat leave)- he shared your blog with me and I check in every once in awhile- my son is the same age as your daughters. Enjoy their upcoming birthday!

    ReplyDelete