Thursday, July 7, 2011

girls day!

Today was a special day for me. I got to spend the whole day with just my girls! Sara is on vacation for 3 days, so Randall spent the day with the girls yesterday and I was home with them today, and we will split the day tomorrow. It has been a while since I spent a full day alone with just Kenzie & Lexi and we had a blast. I love my girls so much and love our mother-daughter time!

Photobucket

We made pancakes together for breakfast. The girls have played with pots and pans many times, but today was the first time that I let them mix their own ingredients (water & flour). They loved it ... they made a huge mess but it was worth it!

Photobucket

After breakfast we went for a walk and then played in the driveway. It was sweltering today but K&L (& mommy) had fun drawing with chalk in the shade.

Photobucket

In the afternoon we drove out to Indian Hill to Turner Farm. We went, because online it said that you could pick your own flowers and I thought the girls would really enjoy this as they love picking flowers in our yard. Unfortunately, they didn't have any flowers for picking, but we still had a great time visiting the chickens, sheep, pigs and horses. Lexi loves saying "baa, baa" when we see sheep and both Kenzie & Lexi learned how to imitate the horses "mbrrrrrr, mbrrrrr" noises :) We also picked up some farm fresh eggs and organic produce while we were there.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We also did lots of reading and snuggling today! Can't beat that! Such a fun girls day!

1 comment:

  1. sounds like a great day! i love the girls' tea dresses, and it looks like brooke, lexi & kenzie have matching keens :)

    ReplyDelete