Sunday, July 17, 2011

friends

One of my favorite things is to see my friends with their children. I especially love to see my daughters beginning to develop friendships with our friends' children. This weekend we had two opportunities to spend time with good friends and their kids. I love sharing the adventure of parenthood with my friends!

Photobucket

On Friday evening, Tara, Kevin, Brooke and Gavin met us at the pool for happy hour. It was a bit crazy, but it was so fun to see the kids interact and to catch up with Tara and Kevin. We are so thrilled that they are moving back to Cincinnati and I am excited to watch the relationship between our children grow. I am especially excited to be a bigger part of Gavin’s life as he is our godson and they moved to Seattle when he was only ~ 2 months old. I feel fortunate to have been able to watch him grow into the boy that he is through the lens of Tara’s blog, but am looking forward to witnessing it first-hand. Look at Lexi already making eyes at Gavin. Kenzie and Gavin, on the other hand already had a few spats over buckets and shovels in the splash zone :)

Photobucket

On Sunday, Kenzie & Lexi attended their first Geneva dinner club. Oh how our dinner clubs have changed :) We had 6 children ranging from 11 weeks to 5 years in attendance and it was so fun to see them playing together despite the age differences. We missed having the DeLacy’s and Dujans there as they would have increased the child count to 9 (or 10 if you count the bun in the oven :)). While it was great fun to watch the girls play with the other kids, I did have to comment that dinner clubs without kids should not become extinct as having to keep an eye on two 16 month olds did not make for quite as relaxing of a time … especially since Daddy wasn’t there to help. Randall left for a week in Asia yesterday. We miss him already!

Makes me wish that all of my good friends with kids lived in the same place, so that we could all get together more often and let the kiddos bond!

No comments:

Post a Comment