Monday, October 18, 2010

A Perfect Weekend!

We had such a wonderful weekend together as a family. Randall was in Asia all of last week for work and we were all so happy that he returned home on Saturday morning! I’m not sure who was the most excited … me – because being a single, working mom is hard work and I missed my husband like crazy, the girls – because they adore their daddy, or Tobi – because he was anxious the entire time that Randall was gone since he had to assume the huge responsibility of ‘man of the house’ :). Randall motored through his jet-lag and we made the most of the beautiful fall weather this weekend.

On Saturday we took a trip out to the pumpkin patch at Shaw Farm. The girls liked looking at the various animals and even seemed to enjoy sitting in the dirt among the pumpkins. Of course Kenzie turned a pumpkin into a drum – as she does with most everything these days.

On Sunday we took a family walk to the Hyde Park farmers market. We enjoyed ham & gruyere crepes for breakfast, bought fresh vegetables, bread and pasta for our dinners this week and listened to live music. The girls took it all in and then conked out for a nap on the walk home.

I love this time of year. I love my family. Combine the two and you have a perfect weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment