Monday, July 30, 2012

{non-stop...}

...that just about sums up our last week. Between work, play, trying to keep the house in some sort of order and running, I don’t think that I have had a chance to sit down all week until tonight when I finally got to catch up on some Olympics, upload pics and write this blog entry.

And because my brain is tired here are my random ramblings about our non-stop week accompanied by my weekly instagram download ...

I renewed my drivers license this week (Only a month late... apparently it expired on my birthday and I had no idea ... guess that is a side effect of our non-stop lives).  I was in and out of the BMV in less than 5 minutes ... small miracle.  It was another hot week so we spent our evenings indoors cooking and baking. This is one of the girls favorite things to do and a good alternative to being eaten alive by mosquitos. You know it’s bad when Kenzie says, “I need to go inside. Too many b bites!” Poor thing inherited my sweet blood.  The girls also enjoy "counting" the money in their piggy banks.  Lexi is saving for a "princess suitcase" whereas Kenzie has decided she is going to buy "pizza" with her savings : )

On Wednesday night we did venture out to the park for a bit after family dinner out.  The girls had fun playing hide and seek.  "I'm hiding behind the tree!"  They don't really get the full concept yet : )  Kenzie is obsessed with her backpack and will carry it everywhere - even if we are only going upstairs for a minute. K&L had a fun week with Sara doing their usual routine ... gymastics, pool, free matinee - Curious George this week, story time with friends. I had a fun work offsite at Star Lanes to celebrate the Opening Ceremonies of the Olympics.


We had some great storms at the end of the week which thankfully brought with them some relief from the extreme heat and humidity for a day or so. Granny arrived in town on Friday to help while Sara is on vacation for a week. We had a fun weekend.

Family dinner at J. Alexander followed by bedtime stories with Granny. Great Saturday morning 9 miler (felt so much better without the humidity). Breakfast at Lookout Joe’s with Granny. Trip to Target where the girls got their first Barbie dolls … they keep feeding them their baby doll bottles, saying “Mommy, my baby has boobies.” Perhaps they are too young for Barbies :) Twilight trip to the pool.

Date night at A Tavola. Following our shadows to the farmers market. Breakfast at The Echo. Neighborhood party. I love our neighborhood and the fact that there are so many families with young kids that have become good friends. Reuniting with long-time friends visiting from Colorado.



It was so wonderful to see Laura after more than 2 years and such a joy to watch Kenzie & Lexi play with our good friends’ children. They of course love seeing Brooke & Gavin, but they also played so nicely with Gwen, Darcy & Beckett who they had only met once before when they were a few weeks old.


I can't believe how big all of our kids are ... sometimes I wish things would just slow down.  Hoping for another good week with some room to breathe.  Loving all of the fun that we are packing into our summer.  Non-stop ...

No comments:

Post a Comment