Tuesday, September 27, 2011

welcome john grady!

Photobucket

On September 14 at 7:39pm Kenzie & Lexi’s newest cousin was born. I was so anxious to meet my new nephew and last Thursday night (thanks to Randall and his mom watching the girls for the weekend) I finally had the pleasure of holding sweet Grady … 8 days new. He is 7lbs 8oz (+ some by now) of deliciousness. And such a sweet baby boy. I loved snuggling his sleeping body and staring into his curious blue eyes. I loved his stretches and the fact that he loves to bust his left arm out of any swaddle. I especially loved seeing my sister as a new mom. I knew that Inken & Andrew would be great parents, and it was so wonderful to get to witness them with their brand new baby boy. They are smitten for sure. Throughout the weekend I kept watching them together, thinking, “I can’t believe my baby sister has a baby.” I am so happy for them!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Being there with little Grady brought back so many memories of our first few days at home with Kenzie & Lexi…. many things which my mind had suppressed due to lack of sleep at the time. It is hard for me to imagine them ever having been that small (or smaller). Throughout the weekend, Inken kept saying, “I don’t know how you did it with two.” And looking back I sometimes wonder the same. But, you just do what you have to do and at the end of the day love gets you through … it gets you through those sleepless nights, it gets you through feeding challenges, etc. … whether you have one, or two or ten babies. Being there this weekend also made me realize that in the case of twins 1 x 2 is definitely >2 … Kenzie & Lexi, I love you more than anything but you certainly were a lot of work (and based on Daddy’s reports from this weekend you continue to be a lot of work … the challenges just continue to evolve :)). But don’t worry, we wouldn’t trade you for the world! You are our greatest blessings!

Photobucket

Photobucket

I also got the chance to see my mom, my cousin Caroline & her boyfriend Moritz who were visiting from Germany, and my oldest friend Lisa & her husband Tyler & son Luke during my visit. It was so great to visit with them all and I especially enjoyed finally meeting Luke. He just turned two and is full of energy and Kenzie & Lexi would have a blast playing with him.

Photobucket

Randall, Kenzie, Lexi and I are all heading out to San Francisco for Thanksgiving and I am so excited for them to meet Grady then. I am also curious to see how much Grady will change between now and then. I can’t wait to see the girls’ reactions to their new baby cousin. I am so excited that they are so close in age and am sure there will be many adventures ahead for these cousins :)
Congratulations Inken & Andrew! Grady is just perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment