Friday, September 9, 2011

a week of firsts ...

Photobucket

It was an exciting week for us. It seems that at this age we are continually experiencing a first something.... the first time Lexi said "what's that?", the first time Kenzie said "bye, bye." The first time they walked down the outside steps on their own. The first time they ate dried mango, etc.... But this week we had some extra special firsts. Kenzie & Lexi had their first gymnastics class and their first music class. I'm not sure why, but I was very excited about these "first" experiences for them. Maybe it is because in a way I can't believe that my babies are old enough to be going to gymnastics and music class. Maybe it is because it is "back to school" season and it made me think about all of the future classes they will take and first days of school we will experience. Whatever it was, I was excited and a bit emotional and very happy that I was able to arrange my work schedule so that I was able to be there and experience these "firsts" with my daughters.

Photobucket

They had a blast at gymnastics. They ran from station to station. First time on the balance beam. First time swinging on the bar. First time doing summersaults and log rolls. First time on the trampoline.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Kenzie was so excited she kept yelling "wheeee!" after each new experience. Lexi showed her excitement by dancing around.

Photobucket

Music class wasn't quite as big of a hit. The girls really enjoyed the parts where they got to stand up and dance, wave scarves and shake morrocas, but they weren't quite as interested in the portions when we were seated in a circle. I think the fact that Lexi wasn't feeling too well today probably played into this. While the first class wasn't all smooth sailing, I am sure that the girls will enjoy it once they get used to the format and get to know the songs, the instructor and other kids in the class.

Photobucket

So many firsts. So much to learn and absorb. I wonder what firsts will happen next week? There's always something new ... what an exciting and special time. I love my little gymanasts & musicians :)

No comments:

Post a Comment