Monday, November 19, 2012

{for sale}



The last 2 weeks have been a whirlwind of craziness.  My dad continues to be in the hospital recovering from his stroke.  He hasn't made much physical progress and it has been hard to be so far away.  However, he remains positive and peaceful.  I continue to pray and thank all of you who have joined me.  My manager (who also happens to be one of my closest friends) resigned from P&G.  She left for an amazing opportunity.  So happy for her, but also miss having her at the office everyday.  No replacement yet, so I'm currently doing 2 jobs.   The house we had been eyeing went on the market.  We scurried to put our house on the market.  Someone beat us to an offer on the house we had been eyeing.  We put in a backup offer.  We put our house on the market anyway thinking that it might take a while to sell given the current housing market & time of year.  We received an offer within 72 hours of it being listed.  We are currently negotiating the offer .... we shall see what happens.  Hoping that both offers somehow magically work out and that we don't end up homeless :)


That about sums it up.  Of course between all of the big, crazy, stressful, scary stuff we have found time for fun.  That's the beauty of having two 2 year olds ... they force you to take time out for a little sillyness ... like playing in the leaves and eating lunch & ice cream outside on a sunny day in November.  They can even turn not so fun tasks like cleaning the house into giggle fests.


We have been spending a lot of time outside of the house the last few days during showings.  This has meant trips to the bookstore, and the park and lots of breakfast, lunch & dinners eaten out.  The girls & Tobi have been troopers and I can't thank Sara enough for her help with this during the week.  It's not exactly easy to keep a house spotless with two 2 year olds & a large dog .... so let's hope that we can agree on a deal soon ... and that we find the perfect house .... fingers crossed, prayers said....



I also fit in 2 runs this weekend ... a much needed stress relief.  It always amazes me how quickly you can get out of running shape, as I was feeling a bit stiff.  Time to get back out there!  The highlight of our weekend was an impromptu dinner with the Schlegels who were in town for family pictures.  We met up at Tellers and it was so nice to get to catch up in person and to watch the girls reunite .. they didn't skip a beat.  Too cute!


I don't think I have ever been looking forward to a break more than I am right now. We are leaving for Thanksgiving in New Orleans tomorrow and I am so excited!  I have so much to be thankful for and am excited to celebrate with family and friends.


1 comment:

  1. What a whirlwind! You deserve a big, long, relaxing break! So much to catch up on - let's talk soon. Praying for your papa, sweet friend. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving in NOLA! xo

    ReplyDelete