Tuesday, December 6, 2011

it's beginning to look a lot like christmas ...

We spent our weekend getting settled back in at home (after an exhausting travel-filled November) and decorating the house for Christmas. On Saturday we went and picked out a Christmas tree.

ct1

ct2

On Sunday we decorated the tree and put up our outdoor lights. The girls were great helpers! They loved playing with my rocking horse ornaments that I have had since I was a child. They also love putting ornaments on the tree and then taking them off and putting them back on again, etc.
CT3

CT5

St. Nicholas visited our house last night while the girls were sleeping. He delivered our elf on the shelf and some other goodies.
CT4

We were already at work when the girls woke up to discover their presents. But according to Sara they were very excited and immediately spotted the elf sitting up on our entertainment center. Makes me so excited to watch them on Christmas!
CT6

We have decided to spend Christmas in Cincinnati. I am sad that we won't get to see Randall's sister's family and extended family or his New Orleans friends, but I am also so excited to be staying at home. We are really looking forward to Granny & Papa Gene joining us in Cincinnati for Christmas! It makes me more invested in preparing our home for the holidays and I am beginning to plan a few new holiday traditions for our family ... I love this magical time of year!

No comments:

Post a Comment