Monday, February 22, 2010

Baby Kicks & Belly Pics

I don't think there is a more amazing feeling in the world than to feel your baby kicking in your belly. At first there were those butterfly movements - those little flutters where I wasn't sure whether it really was my girls or if it was just indigestion or wishful thinking. But then one day I was sitting at my desk and there it was - a kick so evident that it moved my arm which was resting on my belly. And it brought a huge smile to my face - and then it was followed by a few additional pronounced kicks which made me giggle out loud. And in that moment the bond which I felt with my girls strengthened and the love I felt for them seemed to grow exponentionally. I was bursting with happiness! It was like no other feeling I have ever had.

And while those kicks have become more frequent, that joyous feeling never goes away. That first series of big kicks came from Sprout and she has remained the more active twin. Although, her sister does her fair share of dancing as well. Bean's moves are more fluid - like a little ballerina or yogi practicing her downward facing dog. Whereas Sprout seems to be more into acrobatics or gymnastics - doing little flips - or maybe even martial arts - practicing sharp kicks, often to her sister's head :)

One of my other favorite pregnancy moments was the first time that Randall was able to feel the girls kick from the outside. He was anxiously anticipating this milestone and the first time that he felt it, it was so amazing to see his eyes light up and a huge grin spread across his face. He loves resting his hand on my belly during their active kicking sessions - often in the middle of the night lately - and he too giggles at some of the moves that his daughters make. He especially likes it when he presses on the outside or talks to them through my belly and they respond with a kick or high five, acknowledging his presence. Daddy so loves his little girls.

I love these little dancers in my belly beyond words. And while I am so anxious to meet them and to hold them in my arms, I know that once they are here I will miss these belly kicks - those bonding moments between the 3 of us that still make me smile and giggle each and every time. It is truly miraculous!

For those that have been asking to see a recent belly pic - here is one taken this week. Hopefully HUGE belly = big healthy babies :)

1 comment:

  1. That's definitely a big baby belly. I can't wait to hold my granddaughters! You are right that feeling the babies growing inside of you is the best feeling in the world. Nothing has ever topped that. -Mom (soon to be Omi K)

    ReplyDelete