Tuesday, April 23, 2013

{home}

On a Friday evening a few weeks ago we met our builder and designer at our lot to make some exterior selections.  When we were done some of the kids on the street had set up a lemonade stand and so we walked down to say hello and to purchase some lemonade.  Suddenly an impromptu happy hour sprung up and we were offered beer, the girls pizza and cookies, and we enjoyed a wonderful evening with some of our future neighbors.  I love this and am so excited that we are moving from one friendly street to another.  I think we are going to be very happy in our new home.

It was the start of a gorgeous weekend!  The next morning Randall went for a bike and the girls and I went "shopping" with the girls at the Herschell Woods Lane street sale.  They insisted on bringing their shopping carts and hit the jackpot at Eliza's house where they aquired some play food, a doll suitcase, a play hair styling set, a Care Bears movie and some stamps and ink pads.  They had blast selecting their merchandise.  On our way back to the house Kenzie spotted a guitar from across the street and insisted on purchasing it.  It is missing some strings but it was definitely her favorite purchase of the day.  After our shopping adventure we went to meet daddy in Hyde Park Square (aka "the farmers market" by the girls) where he completed his bike ride.  The girls were so happy to run around the square in the sunshine.  So happy that it finally felt like Spring!


The next day was another gorgeous day, but unfortunately I had to depart for Geneva mid-day.  We spent the morning playing outside and when Daddy said the girls could accompany him to drop me off at the airport, they rushed and got their princess suitcases and set them by the car.  Luckily they weren't too disappointed when they realized that they weren't actually getting on the plane with me, but they did insist on taking their suitcases in to Nordstrom when Daddy took them there for lunch after the drop off :)


I had a good work week in Geneva, but I always miss my girls (and Randall) so much while I am away.  My flight home on Thursday was cancelled, so by the time I finally made it home on Friday evening I could not wait to see them.  I could not have asked for a better welcome from my ladies!  They had made a big welcome home banner and the smiles on their faces could not have been bigger.  There is no better feeling in the world than to have my two little loves sprinting towards me as I pass through security.  It felt so good to be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment