Sunday, March 10, 2013

{3 on 3.3.13}



Kenzie & Lexi turned three on 3.3.2013! I love this picture from their birthday eve breakfast (we celebrated early since Randall had to leave to go on a business trip to China on Saturday). It captures them perfectly. Equal parts princess and tomboy. Oh how I love my little three year olds!


And I love that everyone who was here to welcome them into the world three years ago was here again to celebrate their 3rd birthday. GiGi and PopPop drove up from New Orleans and Omi K, Inken and Grady flew in from San Francisco. My little ladies were surrounded by love on their birth day and on this birthday weekend. They are such lucky girls and I am such a lucky mommy.

Birthdays are a big deal to me. I want my girls to feel special on their special day. And I tend to get a bit nostalgic on their special day. Their birthday is more important to me than my own, because it is the day I became a momma to not one, but two magical girls. It was a day that changed my life forever and I love celebrating the anniversary of that day. I realized that I have succeeded in making K&L realize that their birthday is a big deal, when on the Tuesday before their birthday they were running circles in their bedroom at bedtime chanting, “I’m excited for my birthday! I’m excited for my birthday!”


We had such a fun weekend.  Everyone arrived by Thursday evening so the festivities started on Friday.  On Friday morning we all accompanied the girls to soccer.  They were very excited to show off their skills and Grady enjoyed running around the soccer field with them.  Then the girls went to see Mark for their birthday haircuts.  On Friday evening we celebrated with Daddy at El Jinete (which has become somewhat of a birthday tradition).

On Saturday morning we had french toast with candles.  The girls then got to open their gifts from mommy & daddy and some of the other family gifts.  The cousin got right to play in their new kitchen and grocery store.  Their last birthday surprise right before daddy left for the airport was a little Mini Cooper electric car.  Their reaction when we brought it out in the snow was priceless.  They both sprinted to the car and hopped right in.  Kenzie was in the driver seat and had no fear, but Lexi was a bit unsure when the car started moving.  Grady thought it was pretty cool :)

When daddy left for the airport, the girls and I went to celebrate Skylar's 1st birthday.  It was a wonderful party to celebrate a beautiful little girl whom the girls both love.  They had such a great time celebrating with "baby Skylar!"


The fun continued on Saturday afternoon as the cousins played and later that evening with dinner at Nordstrom Cafe.  The girls went to bed happy on Saturday night.  As I was tucking them in Lexi asked me, "Mom, am I three now?"  With so much celebration it certainly felt like her birthday had been going on for 2 days already. "No honey, not yet.  You will be three tomorrow."  I reassured her.  "Oh good.  Cause I didn't have my cake," she responded.  "I love you to the moon & back.  Tomorrow we will have cake and you will be three,"  I smiled as I kissed them goodnight.

1 comment:

  1. Love how much Kenzie likes to wear her Reds hat! What a super electric car. So great all the relatives made it in for the birthday.

    ReplyDelete