Friday, January 18, 2013

{soccer}

soccer_zps7935f06e photo soccer_zps7935f06e.jpg

The girls started soccer last Friday.  They were very excited.  I think mostly driven by the fact that they got to get new "exercise clothes like mommy's."  I was not able to accompany them to their first class since it is on Friday morning at 10:30am, but Sara captured some good pictures and the girls have given me the rundown.

They had fun.  They learned "no sneaky hands!"  They like Coach Scott.  They got to run and kick the ball.  Their friend Sam from Gymastics is in their class.  They wanted to practice in the yard with Daddy.

It has been fun listening in on their conversations this week as they often bring their soccer drills into their play.  I have overheard them saying, "Now you chase me sissy and then I blow the whistle and I chase you."  "  Kick the ball into the doghouse (apparently this is a term they used - perhaps to teach them to conecpt of the goal."  "No sneaky hands!" 

They may still get confused about whether they are playing soccer or basketball or football ... but they definitely seem to have picked up some things in their first class and are enjoying it.  Let's see how the rest of the "season" goes and if we have the next Mia Hamm on our hands :)



No comments:

Post a Comment