Thursday, April 12, 2012

{walking hand in hand}


Last night after dinner the girls and I went for a walk. They wanted to wear their "backpacks" so I let them. And they wanted to "hold mommy’s hand" so I happily let them. As we walked 3 across down our sidewalk I smiled and my heart felt like bursting. This is what it is all about. I am walking hand in hand with MY daughters. And what made it even more special was that we had a conversation as we walked. They told me about their day, which involved (gym)“nastics” and “outside play.” Lexi even sang a little song as we walked. When we spotted Beau, Kenzie exclaimed, “Beau! Kitty cat! Not nap. Eat dinner.” As we passed by the house with the big gray & white dog who happened to just have been groomed Lexi observed, “Doggie get haircut. Pink bow!” They told me that they wanted to, “Go to park. Go slide.” And so we did. We walked and we talked. And I smiled the whole way trying to contain my bursting heart.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE it! So sweet. It is so amazing to watch them grow up. Motherhood is a dream come true, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet ... enjoy these times, they are growing up so fast. However, that's not so bad either -- Trisha and I are best friends and it started with moments like you are having now.

    ReplyDelete