Monday, August 8, 2011

my baby sister is having a baby

Photobucket

I am so excited that my baby sister is going to have a baby boy. I can't wait for her to experience the joy of motherhood and I am so excited for Kenzie & Lexi to have a new cousin who will be so close in age. While I have been excited for Inken and Andrew since they shared the great news early this year, part of me was still in disbelief that my baby sister was actually going to have a baby. But last weekend, I surprised Inken and flew out to San Francisco for her baby shower and getting to hug my sister with her baby boy in her belly made it all very real. Real and amazing and magical! Inken is a gorgeous, glowing momma-to-be and I am so happy that I got to see her in this incredible stage of her life.

Photobucket

It was a perfect baby shower weekend. I got to see Inken & Andrew's beautiful new house and explore their new neighborhood. I was able to spend some quality time with Inken and my mom, and the shower itself was perfection! Hollen & Carolyn did such an incredible job. Inken is so lucky to have such great friends and Baby Boy Chrisman is one loved little boy already!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Kenzie & Lexi stayed home with Daddy for the weekend. They had a great Friday night and a fun filled Saturday. Unfortunately Saturday night did not go well at all ... Kenzie was screaming and refused to go to sleep and Randall ended up sleeping on the floor of the nursery. At the time he thought it was separation anxiety, but I took the girls to the doctor on Monday since they were still really fussy and running a fever, and it turns out they both have the Hand, Foot and Mouth virus and have painful blisters in their mouth and throat. My poor baby girls :( Daddy left for Panama on Monday so it is just me and the girls for the week ...

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Antje, thanks so much for posting these!! I am so sad I had to miss the shower and I don't get to see Ink's baby boy belly :( I can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete