Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

The resurrection gives my life meaning and direction and the opportunity to start over no matter what my circumstances. ~Robert Flatt

Happy Easter! A Celebration of Life! A time to be thankful! A time for change!

Photobucket

Easter lilies, pastel eggs, bunnies & chicks!

Photobucket

Jelly beans and peeps!

Photobucket

Pink dresses, fancy shoes & big flowers!

Photobucket

I can't believe how much our girls have grown. One year ago today I took pictures of the girls nestled in their Easter basket. This year the girls are walking around, carrying their own baskets, hunting for eggs.

Photobucket

Last year we held our little bundles in our arms for their very first church service. Today we took them to the nursery at church for the very first time and they played with other children (they did very well! I am so proud of my girls) while we went to the service.

This evening we celebrated Easter with the DeLacy's and Schlegel's as we did last year. It was so fun to watch the Kenzie & Lexi play with Lily and Olivia. Last year they were babies cradled in our arms and this year they are little girls playing with their friends.

Photobucket

The girls are growing sooooo fast. They are a celebration of life! They are change! They are the meaning of Easter! I am so thankful for them!

I'm not sure why I just had this thought while writing this post, but thought I would document it so that I don't forget. I am adding taking my daughters to the White House Easter Egg Roll to my bucket list. Not sure at which age this would be the most fun, but maybe I'll start applying to the lottery next year and see when we get picked. I'm excited just thinking about taking Kenzie & Lexi to the city where I grew up to participate in this tradition that has been around since 1878.

1 comment:

  1. Me too! I'll add our names to the WH list too. How fun would that be if we could all go together?!?

    ReplyDelete