Sunday, December 26, 2010

a very merry christmas





Christmas was especially magical this year thanks to the girls. We celebrated at our home with Omi K, Inken and Andrew. We attended the Childrens Service on Christmas Eve. I will always remember singing Silent Night as the lights were dimmed and the candles were lit and looking down the pew at my two girls in loved ones arms - their eyes wide with wonder. On Christmas morning I carried my girls down the stairs and again their eyes filled with wonder as they spotted all of the presents around the tree. Although they were too young to really understand it this year, they definitely enjoyed themselves. They loved ripping the wrapping paper and would have been content to play with (and eat) paper all day long. They must have been good this year because they received a ton of presents - among their favorites were their Pottery Barn chairs from Granny & Papa Gene (they love climbing on them and looking out the window), their play kitchen from Aunt Inken and Uncle Andy, and their dolls and superhero capes from Santa. I loved spending the day at home with my family

No comments:

Post a Comment