Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Our Life: The Musical

It hit me today as I was singing to the girls while we were on a walk that Kenzie and Lexi might think that they were born onto the set of a musical. I'm not sure if all babies are like this, or perhaps it is more common for twins since you can't always hold them both when they are fussy, or if perhaps it is just unique to my girls, but if they are fussy or worked up a song is almost a sure way to get them to calm down.
I sing my share of classic lullabies, but their preference seems to be for my own made up tunes. There's "We see flowers, we see trees. That's what we see," which is perfect for walks. There's "We're washing away the grime of the day, to make room for sweet dreams as down you lay," ... a bath time hit. There's "Tomorrow will be another fun day. So get your rest tonight, for tomorrow we will play," ... a bedtime classic. I find myself singing to them all. day. long. To the point where by the evening my vocal chords hurt. Not sure if any of these songs would entertain a crowd, but for my girls the more monotonous the song the better. I certainly do not have a great singing voice but to my audience of two I am a smash hit ... and that's all that matters :)

No comments:

Post a Comment